- YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- CHILL TIME | AT LEAST 1 HR
There really isn’t a vegetable that signals summer’s arrival quite like the luscious plum tomato. The flavors of the marinade in this dish bring out the natural sweetness of the tomatoes, and the refreshing lime works beautifully with the spicy jalapeño. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself making this recipe often during the warm summer months. This dish tastes especially good when served with grilled fish or chicken.
Double Duty Recipe: Make a double batch, add a few extra ingredients to it and have a light and refreshing gazpacho to serve later in the week. Pair it with a crisp green salad and crusty bread for a complete and quintessential summer meal.
- 2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes, including cherry tomatoes if desired, in different colors
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus more for garnish
- 1 plump garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeño, rinsed, seeds removed, and chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- Place all the ingredients, except for the tomatoes, into a blender and blend until very smooth.
- Core and cut the tomatoes in 2 different sizes and shapes. Place into a serving bowl and poor the blended mixture over the tomatoes and toss to coat.
- Cover and chill at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, garnish with additional cilantro, and add additional Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.