YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 0 MINS
There really isn’t a vegetable that signals summer’s arrival quite like the luscious plum tomato. The flavors of the marinade in this dish bring out the natural sweetness of the tomatoes and the refreshing lime works beautifully with the spicy jalapeño. Don’t be surprised if you find yourself making this recipe often during the warm summer months. This dish tastes especially good when served with grilled fish or chicken.
• 2 pounds assorted heirloom tomatoes Including cherry tomatoes if desired, in different colors.
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro Plus more for garnish
• One plump garlic clove, minced
• One jalapeño, rinsed, seeds removed and chopped
• 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
• Freshly ground pepper
1. Place all the ingredients, except for the tomatoes, into a blender and blend until very smooth.
2. Core and cut the tomatoes in two different sizes and shapes. Place into a serving bowl and poor the blended mixture over the tomatoes and toss to coat.
3. Cover and chill at least 1 hour. When ready to serve, garnish with additional cilantro and add additional kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
This is a double duty recipe: Gazpacho. Make a double batch, add a few extra ingredients to it and have a light and refreshing gazpacho, see the recipe on this website, to serve later in the week. Pair it with a crisp green salad and crusty bread for a complete and quintessential summer meal.