YIELDS | 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 5 MINS
COOK TIME | 30 steeping MINS
Whip up a batch of this elixir and mix with almost any￼ liqueur or non at all and top with a little seltzer and garnish with lime and Jalapeño slices.
• 1-3/4 cups sugar
• 1-3/4 cups water 10
• 1-8-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
• 1 large jalapeños, halved and seeded
1. In a small saucepan, combine all of the ingredients and bring to a boil over moderately high heat, stirring to dissolve the sugar.
2. Once the sugar is dissolved, simmer for 2-3 minutes remove the pan from the heat and let steep for 30 minutes.
3. Strain the syrup, let cool and refrigerate, covered, for up to 2 weeks or freeze in ice cube trays.
See Ginger, Jalapeño Tequila Spritzer for a refreshing and light cocktail.