- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 10 MINS
There’s something so special about this soup. Not only is it a Halfway Homemade recipe, which means it’s easy-to-make with store bought items, but it has a bright and beautiful flavor that can only be achieved by using preserved lemons. Get ready to tingle your taste buds.
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups rotisserie chicken, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 4 slices preserved lemon, plus 1/4 cup of accumulated liquid from preserved lemons (see Notes)
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- To medium pot over medium heat, add the chicken stock, chopped chicken, rice, lemon slices, and accumulated lemon liquid.
- Simmer for 5 minutes until the flavors marry. Add Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Divide soup into 4 bowls. Top each bowl with a lemon slice and serve.
Regular lemons can be substituted for preserved lemons. Use 3 lemons: slice 1 for garnish and juice the other 2, using the juice as you would the accumulated preserved lemon liquid.
Use leftover or store-bought rotisserie chicken and leftover take out rice to save time.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!