YIELDS | 8-10 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS plus marinating time
COOK TIME | 0 MINS
Preserved lemons are easy to make and can be used in many ways. The salty, sweet tang is a yummy addition to grilled poultry, fish. Add chopped preserved lemons and their juice to zing up sauces and salad dressings.
• 4 Lemons
• 1 Tbsp kosher salt
• 2 Tbsp sugar
1. Dice or slice lemons, including peel, removing as many seeds as possible.
2. Put lemons and their juice in a bowl and sprinkle with salt and sugar
3. Toss well and transfer to a jar
4. Let the mixture sit for at least 3 hours at room temperature, shaking the jar
5. It can be served at that point, refrigerated for up to a week or frozen to use later