- YIELDS | 2 COCKTAILS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
For a twist on the classic margarita, use lemons instead of limes. Lemons pair well with tequilas and make for a salty, boozy, and refreshing margarita!
- 3 ounces tequila
- 3 ounces fresh lemon juice
- 1 1/2 ounces Cointreau
- 1 cup ice
- Lemon wedge and Kosher salt to rim the glasses, optional
- Lemon slices for a garnish, optional
- If adding a rimmer, place some Kosher salt into a small, shallow plate. Rub the lemon wedge around the top of each cocktail glass and then dip the glasses into the salt a few times, until there is a thin coating of salt around each rim.
- Pour the tequila, lemon juice, and Cointreau into a high-speed blender. Add 1 cup ice and blend until the mixture reaches the consistency of a slushy.
- Pour drink mixture into the cocktail glasses, garnish with a slice of lemon, and enjoy.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!