- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 10-15 MINS
How about a creamy, gooey, cheesy pizza with a deep, sweet flavor from the sun-dried tomatoes and earthy crispy kale? Serve with a good lager beer, and prepare to add this super-simple, quick recipe to your repertoire.
- 1 large prebaked thin pizza crust (I like Boboli brand)
- 1 cup ricotta, part skim
- 1 cup grated Parmesan or Pecorino cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella, divided
- 1 clove garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 small bunch kale, large stems removed and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil, plus more for baking and drizzling
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh tomato, chopped for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Brush large cookie sheet with a bit of oil or spray with nonstick cooking spray and place crust on prepared pan.
- In a medium bowl, stir together ricotta, grated Parmesan cheese, garlic, dried oregano, red pepper flakes, a pinch of Kosher salt, and a few good cranks of freshly ground pepper.
- Spread cheese mixture on crust in even layer. Sprinkle the shredded mozzarella onto the cheese and then evenly top with the sun-dried tomatoes
- In a medium to large bowl, toss kale with 1 teaspoon olive oil and a pinch of Kosher salt. In an even layer, arrange the kale on top of the pizza. Sprinkle with additional Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Bake 10 to 15 minutes or until crust is golden and kale is crisp. Garnish with chopped fresh tomato and a drizzle of olive oil.