- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 20 MINS
Easy and amazingly refreshing, this recipe has a nutty, savory flavor that’s so delicious. It can be eaten alone, or mixed with chicken or shrimp, and it can be served for lunch or dinner.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked quinoa*
- 15-ounce chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- Fresh black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Basic Dressing, plus more for tossing
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
- 4-6 cups baby spinach, watercress, lettuce or arugula
- Cook quinoa** according to directions.
- Mix quinoa, chickpeas, and scallions, and parsley together. Add Basic Dressing, Kosher salt, and pepper; mix well. If making ahead, chill mixture, but let it come to room temperature again before serving.
- Top fresh greens with chickpea and quinoa mixture and toss with additional Basic Dressing to taste.
- Sprinkle with additional Kosher salt to taste and a few good cranks of freshly ground pepper.
* One cup of dry quinoa equals 3 cups cooked.
** I like to prepare quinoa using vegetable or chicken stock.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!