YIELDS | 2 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 5 MINS
COOK TIME | 8-10 MINS
Breakfast for dinner? Why yes, if it’s a fluffy, savory and easy to make omelette. This Omelette gets its “fluff” from the shaken egg whites. This omelette is lite, but also rich and savory. Serve it with a fresh salad or arugula tossed in a little basic dressing or simple olive oil and lemon. You won’t believe how good this tastes and how easy it is to make.
• 1-16 oz carton egg whites, shaken vigorously
• Nonstick spray or olive oil to coat pan
• 4 oz goat cheese log, cut into 1/4 inch slices.
• 4-6 cups Arugula, rinsed and dried
• 3 tablespoons basic dressing or half lemon and 2 tablespoons olive oil
• Crusty bread and warm jam, optional
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Coat a medium to large sauté pan with nonstick spray or olive oil. Heat over medium heat.
2. Shake egg whites, in the carton, vigorously and slowly pour into the skillet. Sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Add the goat cheese disks evenly over the egg and cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes, remove lid and gently fold half the omelette onto itself into a half moon shape.
4. Cover and cook an additional 2 minutes or until eggs are cooked through. Remove from heat and let sit for 1 to 2 minutes.
5. While the omelette rests, put the arugula into a medium-size bowl and toss with the Basic Dressing or squirt the juice from the lemon half and drizzle the olive oil on top of the arugula. Toss to coat and sprinkle with kosher salt and a few good cranks of freshly ground pepper.
6. Carefully place omelette onto a serving platter And mound the arugula on top of the omelette. Add additional pepper if desired. Serve with crusty bread and warm jam.
Be sure to use goat cheese that melts. Goat cheese crumbles usually do not melt.