YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS plus soaking time
COOK TIME | 10 MINS
If you’re on a campaign to convert a non- breakfast eater into a believer, this recipe can’t fail. It is sweet, filling, and lip-smacking great. Serve it as is or mix in different types of grains or rice to create signature dishes that change up breakfast options in your house.
• 1 cup dried apricots
• 3⁄4 cup pitted prunes
• 3⁄4 cup pitted figs
• 2 1⁄2 cups organic sugarless apple juice
• Cinnamon to taste
• 1 small container plain yogurt (1 cup = 4 servings)
• 1⁄4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
1. Soak fruit in the apple juice for a few hours.
2. Place the mixture into the refrigerator overnight. This can be done a day or two in advance.
3. When ready to make the recipe, simmer the fruit and juice in a small pan over low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
4. Serve in small bowls with 1⁄4 cup plain yogurt , a sprinkle of cinnamon and top with chopped walnuts, if using.
Spoon compote over warm brown rice. Sprinkle with flax seed.
Mix with gluten-free, steel-cut oatmeal.