- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS PLUS SOAKING TIME
- COOK TIME | 10 MINS
If you’re on a campaign to convert a non-breakfast eater into a believer, this recipe can’t fail. It is sweet, filling, and lip-smacking great. Serve it as-is or mix in different types of grains or rice to create signature dishes that change up breakfast options in your house.
- 1 cup dried apricots
- 3/4 cup pitted prunes
- 3/4 cup pitted figs
- 2 1/2 cups organic sugarless apple juice
- Cinnamon to taste
- 1 small container plain yogurt (1 cup = 4 servings)
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, optional
- Soak fruit in the apple juice for a few hours.
- Place the mixture into the refrigerator overnight. This can be done a day or two in advance.
- When ready to make the recipe, simmer the fruit and juice in a small pan over low-medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve in small bowls with 1/4 cup plain yogurt , sprinkle with cinnamon, and top with chopped walnuts, if using.
- Spoon compote over warm brown rice. Sprinkle with flax seed.
- Mix with gluten-free, steel-cut oatmeal.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!