YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 20 MINS
COOK TIME | 20 MINS
• 1 1/2 pound tomatoes, sliced pat dry with paper towels.
• 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed
• 2/3 cup heavy whipping cream
• 2 cloves garlic, minced
• 2 cup pecorino Romano or Parmesan, grated
• Salt and freshly ground pepper
• Basil or mint leaves for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 400°￼
2. On a floured surface, roll out one sheet of puff pastry into a 12” square.
3. Place the sheet on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
4. Bake the puff pastry for five minutes and then remove from oven. It will be slightly puffed. ￼Arrange tomatoes and pastry in rows, slightly overlapping, leaving at least 1” on each side.
5. Sprinkle with kosher salt and fresh black pepper. Bake 20 minutes and until edges are puffed and golden.
6. While the tart bakes, in a small saucepan combine the whipping cream and minced garlic. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for five minutes, stir a few times until slightly thickened.
7. Add the Parmesan cheese and stir until smooth and remove from heat.
8. Drizzle the Parmesan cream mixture over the tart and sprinkle with a little more kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, garnish with basil or mint leaves.￼￼
If you prefer the edges a bit more browned, place under the broiler for a couple minutes but be careful to watch closely because the puff pastry can burn quite easily.￼￼￼