- YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 15 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
This dish makes a stunning “look at me” presentation that is so easy you will be serving it over and over for holidays, girls nights in, and bridal and baby showers.
- 4 ounces skinned smoked trout fillet, flaked
- 1/4 cup celery, diced
- 2 tablespoons shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons capers, chopped
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3-4 heads of Belgium Endive
- Large, fresh flower to place on the platter, optional
- Mix all the ingredients (except endive and garnish) together and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Spoon small amounts on to the end of an endive leaf and arrange around the perimeter of a round platter. Put a couple of flowers or a large daisy in the center.
This salad tastes fantastic on water crackers too. Serve as dip with sliced vegetable. Substitute trout for tuna if you have it on hand.
Feeling adventurous? Why not try smoking your own trout? See my Brined and Smoked Trout recipe.