YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 0 MINS
The salad comes together in just minutes. You love the way the beat mixes with the vinaigrette. This is a vibrant, fresh salad that will complement any meal or is pretty enough to be a standalone dish.￼
• 1 lb red or yellow beets, peeled and grated with the large holes of a box grater.
• 1/2 lb carrots, peeled and grated with the large holes of a box grater.
• 4 cups favorite greens, washed and leaves torn￼.
• 1/4 cup cashews or walnuts￼, coarsely chopped￼
• 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
• 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
• 1 teaspoon honey, optional
• 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
• 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
• 1 clove garlic, grated
• 1/4 cup olive oil
• Zest of 1 lemon
• Pecorino Romano, optional for serving.￼
1. In a medium bowl, mix the carrots and beets together. Set aside.
2. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mustard, honey, pepper, salt and garlic and whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until smooth
3. Pour the vinaigrette over the beets and carrots and mix well. Season with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper. Arrange the greens on a platter and mound the beet mixture over the greens and sprinkle with the cashews or walnuts and a shower of Pecorino Romano.￼
Serve over chicory, and dive or your favorite green and sprinkle with your favorite nut. I like to use cashews in this recipe.￼