- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
The salad comes together in just minutes. You’ll love the way the beet mixes with the vinaigrette. This is a vibrant, fresh salad that will complement any meal or is pretty enough to be a standalone dish.
- 1 pound red or yellow beets, peeled and grated with the large holes of a box grater
- 1/2 pound carrots, peeled and grated with the large holes of a box grater
- 4 cups favorite greens, washed and leaves torn
- 1/4 cup cashews or walnuts, coarsely chopped
- 3 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon honey, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Pecorino Romano, optional for serving
- In a medium bowl, mix the carrots and beets together. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, mustard, honey, pepper, salt, and garlic and whisk to combine. Slowly whisk in the olive oil until smooth
- Pour the vinaigrette over the beets and carrots and mix well. Season with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Arrange the greens on a platter and mound the beet mixture over the greens. Sprinkle with the cashews or walnuts and a shower of Pecorino Romano.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!