- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
It’s hard to beat this classic summertime favorite, and it’s easy to make with vine ripe, luscious tomatoes, creamy burrata cheese, balsamic vinegar, and a drizzle of olive oil. Add grilled shrimp for a complete meal.
- 3 to 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/4-1/2 inch thick
- 1 pound burrata cheese
- 1/2-3/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons good olive oil
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- Flaky sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Just before you plan to prepare the salad, cut the burrata cheese into 1/4 inch slices.
- On the large serving platter, arrange the tomatoes and burrata in a circular pattern, alternating the tomato and cheese.
- Tuck a basil leaf partially in between each slice of cheese and tomato and then toss the remaining basil on top of the cheese and tomato.
- Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the tomatoes, burrata, and basil.
- Sprinkle with a pinch of flaky salt and lots of freshly ground pepper to taste.
Be sure to serve this salad at room temperature to take advantage of wonderfully gooey burrata and tomato flavors.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!