YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 0 MINS
It’s hard to beat this classic summer-time favorite. Easy to make with vine ripe, luscious tomatoes, creamy Burrata cheese, balsamic and a drizzle of olive oil.
• 3 to 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced 1/4-1/2 inch thick
• 1 pound Burrata cheese
• 1/2-3/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves
• 2 tablespoons good olive oil
• 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
• Flaky sea salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
1. Just before you plan to prepare the salad, cut the Burrata cheese into 1/4 inch slices.
2. On the larger platter you plan to serve on, arrange the tomatoes and Burrata in a circular pattern, alternating the tomato and cheese
3. Tuck a basil leave partially in between each slice of cheese and tomato and then toss the remaining basil on top of the cheese and tomato.
4. Drizzle the olive oil and balsamic vinegar over the tomatoes, Burrata and basil.
5. Sprinkle with a pinch of flaky salt and lots of freshly ground pepper to taste.
Add grilled shrimp for a complete meal.
Be sure to serve this salad at room temperature to take advantage of wonderfully gooey Burrata and tomato flavors.