- YIELDS | 2 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 5 MINS
Avocado toast is an oldie but goodie. It remains a staple on many restaurant menus because it’s that good. It is super easy to make, healthy, savory, and a perfect breakfast or snack to make at home for a fraction of its restaurant twin!
- 1 avocado
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 slices whole grain bread, toasted
- Extra-virgin olive oil for a drizzle
- Flaky sea salt flakes
- Toasted pumpkin seeds
- In a small bowl, combine avocado, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Gently mash with the back of a fork.
- Spread avocado mixture evenly over each piece of toasted bread.
- Drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with a little bit of flaky sea salt, toasted pumpkin seeds, and freshly ground pepper.
Add an egg for protein and/or a slice of fresh tomato to make it a complete meal.