- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 10 MINS
This complete meal is hearty and utterly delicious. The earthy quinoa works well with the warming spices of the shrimp. The sweet corn and paprika purée adds a depth of flavor that ties it all together. Plus this dish can be assembled in a snap thanks to using leftovers from the night before.
- A batch of Roasted Corn with Hot Paprika and Cilantro
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock
Quinoa and Shrimp
- 16 medium shrimp, shelled, de-veined (4 per person)
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 3 scallions, chopped
- 1/2 red bell pepper, chopped (about 1 cup)
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Sea salt and pepper to taste
- Chopped tarragon, for garnish
- Add the roasted corn and chicken or vegetable stock to a high-speed blender and blend until a purée forms. If the purée is too thick for your liking, add a little more stock.
Quinoa and Shrimp
- Place quinoa and 2 cups of water into a rice steamer or pot with tight-fitting lid and cook according to package instructions, 25-30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the purée in a microwave or small pot on low heat until warmed through. Add a little water or chicken broth if it is too thick.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a medium pan over medium heat and sauté the red pepper for about 2-3 minutes.
- Add the scallions and shrimp, sprinkle with Kosher salt and sauté, about 3-4 minutes or until the shrimp turns bright pink.
- Reduce the stove temperature to low. Mix the remaining olive oil and the garam masala together in a small bowl, then pour it over the shrimp and scallions. Toss to coat the shrimp and vegetables.
- Transfer the warm quinoa to a serving bowl. Ladle the warm purée over the quinoa and top with shrimp and vegetables. Add additional salt and pepper to taste, and serve.
If you do not have garam masala on hand, substitute with 2 teaspoons cumin and 1 teaspoon allspice.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!