- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 30 MINS
Corn gets even sweeter when roasted, and the hot paprika adds a a nice heat to this recipe. The cilantro ties these simple ingredients together with a brilliant pop of color and freshness that will make you going back for seconds.
Double Duty Recipe: Make a double batch of this recipe to use for soup or for a versatile purée to be used with rice and vegetables. See Notes.
- 2 15-ounce cans yellow corn, drained, or 4 cups frozen corn
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon hot or smoked Spanish paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spread corn on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Sprinkle olive oil over the corn followed by white pepper, paprika, and salt. Roast the corn for 25-30 minutes or until it begins to brown.
- Remove the roasted corn from the oven and stir to distribute salt and spices. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve.
- Add a whole batch of the roasted corn recipe and 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable stock to a high-speed blender and blend until a purée forms. Go a few steps further and turn this into Quinoa with Shrimp and Spicy Corn Purée.
- Mix 1 cup roasted corn with 1/2 cup soy milk. Blend ingredients together. The purée will be thick. Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. When ready to eat, warm it in a saucepan over low-medium heat.
- Add a whole batch of the roasted corn recipe to a high speed blender along with one can of regular coconut milk and blend until smooth. Add a little vegetable or chicken broth if soup is too thick. Garnish with chopped cilantro.