YIELDS | 32 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 5 MINS
COOK TIME | 0 MINS
I love to put the herbed salt into pretty jars to give as hostess gifts. One of my favorite combinations is lemon, thyme and rosemary salt. It’s fantastic on just about everything! These herbed salt jars are easy to make and gorgeous too. I guarantee your recipient will love this thoughtful gift and think of you as they make your next culinary masterpiece. Use your imagination to put together different taste combinations. Choose hearty herbs like rosemary, thyme and sage as tender herbs like cilantro and dill do not work as well.
Easy Rosemary and Lemon Thyme Salt:
• 1/2 coarse sea or kosher salt
• 1/4 cup fresh rosemary, stems removed
• 1/4 cup fresh lemon thyme
1. Place rosemary and lemon thyme in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until rosemary and thyme have a fine consistency.
2. Add 1/2 cup sea salt and pulse to combine.
3. Pour salt mixture into a shallow bowl and let air dry until the herbs are dry, several hours to a day or two.
4. Transfer herbed salt to a glass jar with screw on lid. If giving as a gift, tie a pretty piece of ribbon or raffia cord into a bow.