- YIELDS | 2 LARGE MUGS OR 4 IF USED AS CREAMER
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 3-4 MINS
The days are getting shorter and chillier and that means cozy sweaters and warming pumpkin spiced lattes. Here is a healthier alternative to store-bought. By making your own pumpkin spiced milk, you won’t be consuming additives, coloring, and unnecessary chemicals.
- 2 cups milk of choice
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 2 to 3 tablespoons sugar (to taste)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup strong hot coffee, espresso, or instant coffee
- Whipped cream, optional
- Make coffee.
- In a saucepan, heat milk, pumpkin puree, sugar, vanilla, and pumpkin spice to a simmer. Do not boil.
- Pour 1/4 cup coffee into each mug. Add pumpkin spiced milk, top with whipped cream, and sprinkle with pumpkin pie spice.
Make a big batch of pumpkin spiced milk in advance and freeze in ice cube trays to use later.