- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 45-50 MINS
This Halfway Homemade dish is crazy good and comes together in minutes thanks to the store bought caramel sauce. The miso warms the sweetness of the caramel to make a perfectly smooth and velvety sauce. Kids really love this dish!
- 1 cut-up whole fryer chicken with skin
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon yellow or white miso paste
- 1 cup caramel
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Preheat over to 400°F.
- Sprinkle the chicken with salt and pepper.
- Place a large skillet over medium high heat and add the olive oil.
- When the oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken, skin side down. Cook for 5 minutes, undisturbed, until browned. Flip the chicken and cook for 2-3 more minutes. Cook in batches if necessary.
- While the chicken cooks, pour the caramel and miso into a small bowl or measuring cup and mix together.
- Remove the chicken from the skillet and place skin side up into an oven proof baking dish.
- Turn the stove off, and pour the wine or broth into the skillet, scraping up the brown bits. Add the caramel miso mixture and stir until smooth.
- Pour the caramel miso sauce over the chicken and bake for 30-35 minutes, until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.