- YIELDS | 2 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 10 MINS
This fish melts in your mouth and the sauce is a savory, decadent complement to the dish and keeps the fish moist and bursting with rich, warm umami flavors. Plus it only takes a few minutes to put together thanks to the few ingredients. Serve it with simple stir fried vegetables or cauliflower stir fried kimchi.
- 2 4-6-ounce pieces skinless, sea bass or other meaty, white fish
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons neutral oil such as grapeseed or vegetable, etc.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small bunch chives, chopped for garnish optional
- In a small bowl, combine the miso, butter, and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, and whisk until creamy.
- Heat a pan large enough to not crowd the fish, over medium-low heat, add the oil when the pan is hot.
- Spread 1/2 the miso butter mixture on both sides of the fish and sprinkle with kosher salt and a couple of cranks of freshly ground pepper.
- Place the fish in the hot pan with oil and cook over medium-low. Cook the fish for 4-5 minutes and until the fish is golden brown. Flip the fish and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the fish, place on a platter and sprinkle with additional salt and fresh pepper.
Be careful not to over cook the fish as it will continue to cook when it is removed from the pan.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!