- YIELDS | 2 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 10 MINS
This fish melts in your mouth and the sauce is a savory, decadent complement to the dish and keeps the fish moist and bursting with rich, warm umami flavors. Plus it only takes a few minutes to put together thanks to the few ingredients. Serve it with simple stir fried vegetables or cauliflower stir fried kimchi.
- 2 4-6-ounce pieces skinless, sea bass or other meaty, white fish
- 2 tablespoons butter, room temperature
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons neutral oil such as grapeseed or vegetable, etc.
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 small bunch chives, chopped for garnish optional
- In a small bowl, combine the miso, butter, and 1 tablespoon of the soy sauce, and whisk until creamy.
- Heat a pan large enough to not crowd the fish, over medium-low heat, add the oil when the pan is hot.
- Spread 1/2 the miso butter mixture on both sides of the fish and sprinkle with kosher salt and a couple of cranks of freshly ground pepper.
- Place the fish in the hot pan with oil and cook over medium-low. Cook the fish for 4-5 minutes and until the fish is golden brown. Flip the fish and cook for 3 more minutes.
- Remove the fish, place on a platter and sprinkle with additional salt and fresh pepper.
Be careful not to over cook the fish as it will continue to cook when it is removed from the pan.