- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
This may be the quintessential summer soup. Served cold, it is light, refreshing, and highly nutritious. This versatile soup would look beautiful on a table set for brunch, a wedding, or holiday but it is easy enough to make for any weekday meal. Use cashew yogurt and veggie broth for a wonderful vegan option.
- 2 cups cucumber, peeled, seeded, and coarsely chopped; save a few thin slices for garnish
- 1 small avocado, peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream or Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons shelled roasted pistachios, coarsely chopped, optional
- Pour all ingredients except cucumber garnish and pistachios into a high-speed blender and process until very smooth.
- Taste and add additional salt if necessary.
- Pour into individual bowls, garnish with pistachios, if using, and a drizzle of olive oil.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!