- YIELDS | 12 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 25 MINS
- COOK TIME | 20 MINS
The is a savory, tangy and salty German potato salad to eat alongside a good bratwurst and sauerkraut.
Double Duty Recipe: Use the leftovers to make delicious potato pancakes.
- 3 cups diced peeled potatoes
- 4 slices bacon
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 3 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Place the potatoes into a pot, and fill with enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, and cook for about 10 minutes, or until easily pierced with a fork. Drain, and set aside to cool.
- Place the bacon in a large deep skillet over medium-high heat. Fry until browned and crisp, turning as needed. Remove from the pan and set aside.
- Add onion to the bacon fat and cook over medium heat until browned.
- Add the vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to the pan. Stir and bring to a boil.
- Add the potatoes and parsley. Crumble in half of the bacon and stir.
- Heat through and transfer to a serving dish.
- Crumble the remaining bacon over the top, sprinkle with kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, and serve warm.