YIELDS | 4 small or 2 larger burgers
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 30 MINS
I recently dug up two huge beetroots and after making beat slaw, cold beet salad, and borscht, etc, I decided to try something a little bit different. This result was this savory, nutty “burger” recipe. These nutrient rich patties are a great substitute burgers on Meatless Mondays. Consider using slightly warmed portobello mushroom caps in place of buns. The combination is outrageously delish!
* 2 cups grated beets
* 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
* 1 large egg or egg subsitute
* 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs of choice
* 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
* 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
* 3 tablespoons flour of choice, gluten free, etc.
* 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
Preheat oven to 375°
1. Form the beet mixture into patties and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly crispy on the outside.
2. Served with regular buns, gluten-free buns or portobello mushroom cap buns. These taste great dressed with mayo, mayonnaise lettuce and tomato.