- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 15 MINS
- COOK TIME | 40 MINS
I recently dug up two huge beetroots, and after making beat slaw, cold beet salad, and borscht, etc., I decided to try something a little bit different. The result was this savory, nutty “burger” recipe. These nutrient-rich patties are a great substitute burgers on Meatless Mondays. Consider using slightly warmed Portobello mushroom caps in place of buns. The combination is outrageously delish!
- 2 cups grated beets
- 1/2 white or yellow onion, diced
- 1 large egg or egg substitute
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs or breadcrumbs of choice
- 1/2 cup toasted sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup toasted sesame seeds
- 3 tablespoons flour of choice, gluten free, etc.
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Form the beet mixture into patties and place on a baking sheet. Bake for 30 minutes or until slightly crispy on the outside.
Serve with regular buns, gluten-free buns, or Portobello mushroom cap buns. These taste great dressed with mayo, mayonnaise, lettuce, and tomato.