- YIELDS | 2 CUPS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | N/A
The Espelette pepper and béchamel make this recipe decidedly different. The béchamel adds a light creaminess to the guacamole, and the Espelette pepper adds a sweet, smoky flavor, and the combination is delicious.
@nowayjosecuisine French Guacamole with @Very Smart Products This amazing fusion of flavors is the perfect twist to a traditional guac, and perfect for your next gathering with friends, or tailgating party! Here are a few accounts to follow for more Information and inspiration on living with a limb difference for you and those you love ❤️ @luckyfinproject is an excellent forum for asking questions of others with limb differences. Excellent resource for parents of children with limb differences. @VerySmartIdeas for tips on living with a limb difference @Shirley Ryan AbilityLab for help with bionics and other prosthetics 🦾 @Alexis Hillyard for a clever and fun inspiration, especially for small children #limbdifference #cooking #easyrecipe #tailgateparty #fusion #guacamole #snack #homecooking #cooktok #tiktokcooks #love ♬ J'en ai marre ! - Alizée
- 3 avocados peeled and pitted
- 1 shallot or spring onion, minced, about 1/4 cup
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 teaspoon ground French Espelette pepper powder
- 1/4 cup béchamel sauce
- Kosher salt
- Small handful fresh cilantro, chopped for garnish, optional
- Place the peeled avocado in a medium sized bowl and mash with a fork.
- Add the shallot or onion, lime juice, and Espelette pepper powder, and mix.
- Add the béchamel and a pinch of Kosher salt, and mix gently.
- Garnish with cilantro.
Espelette chilis were introduced into France during the 16th century. The powder has become popular as a condiment, and a cornerstone of Basque cooking, It is only mildly hot and brings a slightly sweet, smoky moderate heat to recipes.
Substitute hot paprika is you cannot find Espelette pepper powder.