- YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 25 MINS
This soup is creamy and loaded with flavor. It is a perfect recipe to celebrate the beginning of the fall season when root vegetables are abundant, plump, and full of life.
- 7-8 medium carrots, rinsed, peeled, trimmed and coarsely chopped
- 14-ounce can regular coconut milk
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 green onion, chopped for garnish and flavor
- In a medium-sized pan, over medium to high heat , bring broth and carrots to a boil and then reduce to simmer.
- Add the garlic, ginger and red pepper flakes, and stir, simmering until carrots are soft about 25-30 minutes.
- When the carrots are soft, turn the heat off and add the coconut milk. Stir to incorporate.
- Carefully pour the contents of the pan into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Work in batches if necessary. Add salt to taste.
- Pour into individual bowls and garnish with chopped green onion