YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 25 MINS
This soup is creamy and loaded with flavor. It is a perfect recipe to celebrate the beginning of the fall season when root vegetables are abundant, plump and full of life.
• 7-8 medium carrots, rinsed, peeled, trimmed and coarsely chopped￼
• 1-14 oz can regular coconut milk￼
• 2 cups vegetable or chicken stock￼
• 1-2 cloves garlic
• 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
• 1 pinch red pepper flake
• 1/2-1 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 green onion, chopped for garnish and flavor￼
1. In a medium-sized pan, over medium to high heat , bring broth and carrots to a boil and then reduce to simmer.
2. Add the garlic and ginger and red pepper flake and stir, simmer until carrots are soft about 25–30 minutes.￼
3. When the carrots are soft, turn the heat off and add the coconut milk. Stir to incorporate.
4. Carefully pour the contents of the pan into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth.￼ add salt to taste and work in batches if necessary Blend until smooth.
5. Pour into individual bowls and garnish with chopped green onion.￼