- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 20 MINS
This mouthwatering dish bursts with sweet cherry tomato sauce and juicy chicken. The sweet basil brightens the cherry tomato sauce. The mushrooms and spinach add an additional layer of flavor. This recipe comes together in a pinch and is perfect for weeknight meals. Serve with pasta and a crisp, green salad for a complete meal.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups or 8oz fresh mushrooms, rinsed, trimmed and sliced
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 cups red and/or yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 cups or 5 ounces fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup basil, cut into ribbons
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a large pan, heat oil over medium-high heat. Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes on each side or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- Add mushrooms and onion to skillet. Cook for 5-7 minutes or until mushrooms and onion are tender and lightly browned. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute more and until garlic is fragrant.
- Add tomatoes and cook until they begin to pop and wrinkle, 5-7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium. Add spinach and mix. Simmer until the spinach is wilted.
- Add chicken back into the pan and cook until chicken is warm, about 3-5 minutes.
- Season with additional salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and serve.
Mushroom are optional. If not using, add 1 additional cup of tomatoes
Check out this Kitchen Tip for cutting several cherry tomatoes at once!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!