YIELDS | X SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 15 MINS
COOK TIME | 15 MINS
These middle eastern meat pies are savory, loaded with flavor and delicious the next day served with eggs. Serve with grilled vegetables or rice and tzatziki sauce￼.
• 1 pound ground lamb, ground beef or a combination of the two
• 2-3 garlic cloves
• 1/2-1 inch piece ginger, peeled
• 2 shallots, peeled
• 3 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
• 1 tbsp fresh mint, chopped
• 2 tsp cumin
• 2 tsp coriander
• 1/2 tsp cinnamon
• 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
• 1 tsp kosher salt
1. Add all the ingredients, except the ground lamb, to a food processor and pulse until the garlic and ginger are finely minced, about 20-30 seconds.
2. Evenly add the spice mixture to the ground lamb and mix into the meat
3. Take a large spoonful of the mixture and form into a meatball. Thread onto the skewer and roll the meat to flatten it into a cylinder. Do this with the remaining mixture. Aim for 8 kebabs.
4. Heat grill to high heat. Place kebabs on grill and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Turn and cook another 5-7 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Remove from the grill and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
5. Serve with grilled veggies and or rice and a side of Tzatziki sauce.