- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 15 MINS
- COOK TIME | 15 MINS
These middle eastern meat pies are savory, loaded with flavor and delicious the next day served with eggs. Serve with grilled vegetables or rice and tzatziki sauce.
- 1 pound ground lamb, ground beef or a combination of the two
- 2-3 garlic cloves
- 1/2-1 inch piece ginger, peeled
- 2 shallots, peeled
- 3 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon fresh mint, chopped
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 2 teaspoons coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- Add all the ingredients, except the ground lamb, to a food processor and pulse until the garlic and ginger are finely minced, about 20-30 seconds.
- Evenly add the spice mixture to the ground lamb and mix into the meat.
- Take a large spoonful of the mixture and form into a meatball. Thread onto the skewer and roll the meat to flatten it into a cylinder. Do this with the remaining mixture. Aim for 8 kebabs.
- Heat grill to high heat. Place kebabs on grill and cook for about 5-7 minutes. Turn and cook another 5-7 minutes or until the meat is no longer pink. Remove from the grill and let sit for 5-10 minutes.
Serve with grilled veggies and/or rice and a side of Tzatziki sauce.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!