- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 15 MINS
- COOK TIME | 10 MINS
This is a perfect springtime dish. It celebrates young tender asparagus and sweet peas, and it is easy to make in a pinch too. A win-win in my book.
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 16-ounce package store-bought gnocchi
- 1 pound asparagus, rinsed, trimmed, and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
- 1/4 teaspoon Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 small bunch chives or 2 tablespoons, chopped
- 1 medium shallot, sliced and then cut in half
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
- 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated plus more for serving
- Add the butter and olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat. When the butter begins to foam, add the gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes per side until slightly brown and tender, remove from the pan.
- To the pan add the asparagus, shallot, and peas. Stir to coat and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the asparagus is tender. Add the gnocchi back into the pan, and add the salt, chives, lemon zest, and Parmesan cheese, and mix well. Adjust salt to taste.
- Pour the mixture into a serving dish, shower with additional Parmesan cheese and several cranks of fresh ground pepper, and serve.