YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 15 MINS
COOK TIME | 10 MINS
This is a perfect springtime dish. It celebrates young tender asparagus and sweet peas and it is easy to make in a pinch too. A win-win in my book.
• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter or olive oil
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 Package, 16 ounces store bought gnocchi
• 1 pound asparagus, rinsed, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
• 1 cup fresh or frozen peas
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• Freshly ground black pepper
• 1 small bunch chives or 2 tablespoons, chopped
• 1 medium shallot, sliced and then cut in half
• 1 tablespoon fresh lemon zest
• 4 ounces Parmesan cheese, grated plus more for serving
1. Add the butter and olive oil to a large sauté pan over medium heat. When the butter begins to foam add the gnocchi and cook for 2 minutes per side until slightly brown and tender, remove from the pan.
2. To the pan add the asparagus, shallot and peas, stir to coat and cook for 3-5 minutes until the asparagus is tender. Add the gnocchi back into the pan and add the salt, chive, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese and mix well. Adjust salt to taste.
3. Pour the mixture into a serving dish, shower with additional Parmesan cheese and several cranks of fresh ground pepper, and serve.