- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 5 MINS
Part of my Halfway Homemade series, this store-bought rotisserie chicken dish with preserved lemon and garlic sauce is a winner! This recipe is perfect when you need to pull together a meal in minutes, plus this dish is very economical thanks to the simple ingredients. Save the leftovers to make this Tarragon Chicken Salad recipe and pop the remaining bones into water to make this chicken stock.
- 2 tablespoons butter or vegan alternative
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3-4 slices preserved or regular lemon, coarsely chopped
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- Breast meat from a store-bought rotisserie chicken
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, add the butter, olive oil, and garlic. Cook for about 1-2 minutes or until garlic is lightly browned and fragrant.
- Add the chopped preserved lemon and juices and simmer for about 4-5 minutes. Season with freshly ground pepper and a pinch of Kosher salt.
- While the sauce simmers, slice the chicken breasts and arrange on a serving platter. Heat in the microwave or oven, or serve at room temperature.
- Lightly season the chicken slices with Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper and evenly spoon the lemon garlic sauce over the breasts. Serve with a crisp green salad with Basic Dressing.
Time Saving Tip: After setting aside the chicken breasts for this recipe, cut up the rest of the rotisserie chicken and refrigerate for easy use in another dish.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!