- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 60 MINS, PLUS COOLING
This simple granola recipe is the perfect recipe because it’s easy super speedy to make and easy to personalize—it’s delicious on its own, or you can add nuts, fresh berries, and/or dried fruit. Snack on it plain, with yogurt, or with your favorite milk. Bonus: it can easily be made gluten free too!
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 4 cups organic rolled oats, regular or gluten-free
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 250°F.
- Combine brown sugar, honey and canola oil in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Cook, stirring often, until sugar is dissolved, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add the oats to a large bowl and pour the brown sugar mixture over them. Sprinkle in the cinnamon and salt, and mix until the oats are coated.
- Grease a rimmed baking sheet with oil. Pour the granola onto the baking sheet and press the mixture down to spread it out evenly.
- Place in oven and bake for 1 hour, stirring every 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool completely before breaking apart into pieces. Store in an airtight container.
Rolled oats are heartier than regular oats and hold up better for recipes such as this granola.