YIELDS | 2 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 5 MINS
COOK TIME | 30 MINS
This is a warm and soothing cocktail spiked with loads of cinnamon, cloves, allspice and garnished with a wedge of clementine and a cinnamon stick. The spiced simple syrup is easy to make and great to have on hand for your next holiday gathering. Make a few batches and put into pretty bottles to give as a gifts. Tastes equally amazing with vodka as a martini ,up, of course!
Winter Spiced Simple Syrup (makes approximately 1 1/2 cups)
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 cup water
* 3 cinnamon sticks
* 2 cloves
* 2 allspice berries
* 1 Star Anise
* 1 strip clementine zest
* ounces good bourbon
* ounces Winter Spice simple syrup
* clementine, cut in quarters
* cinnamon sticks
For the simple syrup
1. Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat, cover and allow to cool completely, about 30-45 minutes.
2. Strain into a jar with a tight fitting lid such as a canning jar and store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks or freeze into cubes to use later
For the Old Fashioned
1. Fill 2 rocks glasses with ice.
2. Put 2 oz of bourbon and 1 1/2 oz simple syrup into each glass.
3. Squeeze clementine wedge and add to glass.
4. Stir with cinnamon stick and enjoy.