- YIELDS | 2 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 30 MINS
This is a warm and soothing cocktail spiked with loads of cinnamon, cloves, and allspice, and garnished with a wedge of clementine and a cinnamon stick. The spiced simple syrup is easy to make and great to have on hand for your next holiday gathering. Make a few batches and put into pretty bottles to give as a gifts. It tastes equally amazing with vodka as a martini—up, of course!
Winter Spiced Simple Syrup
makes approximately 1 1/2 cups
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 3 cinnamon sticks
- 2 cloves
- 2 allspice berries
- 1 star anise
- 1 strip clementine zest
- 2 ounces good bourbon
- 1 1/2 ounces Winter Spice Simple Syrup
- Clementine, cut in quarters
- Cinnamon sticks
- Bring all ingredients to a boil in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Reduce to a simmer, stirring occasionally until sugar has dissolved, about 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from heat, cover, and allow to cool completely, about 30-45 minutes.
- Strain into a jar with a tight fitting lid such as a canning jar and store in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks, or freeze into cubes to use later.
- Fill 2 rocks glasses with ice.
- Put 2 ounces of bourbon and 1 1/2 ounces simple syrup into each glass.
- Squeeze clementine wedge and add to glass.
- Stir with cinnamon stick and enjoy.
Use right the garlic breadcrumbs right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!