- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 50-60 MINS
This side dish is simple to make but it dresses up baked chicken and spicy meats equally as well because of its mix of savory, nuttiness, and a bit of sweet.
- 1 cup wild rice
- 2 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh rosemary, minced, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- Place rice, broth, salt, and rosemary into rice steamer or pot, and cook per the package’s instructions.
- Once the rice is almost finished cooking, add the dried cranberries and stir.
- Continue to cook for the remainder of time indicated on the package instructions or until the rice is tender yet slightly al dente.
- Serve warm with a few good cranks of freshly ground pepper.
Add a handful of chopped pecans or walnuts to add a crunch and additional nutrition.