- YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
I love this recipe for its healthy ingredients and fresh flavor, and because it’s so easy to pull together. In five minutes or less, you have a flavorful, nutritious dip for chips, veggies, or pita bread. Double the recipe if making for a crowd.
Double Duty Recipe: Use it as a spread for sandwiches, add additional oil and vinegar to use as a salad dressing, or mix a dollop into steamed veggies or rice for an instant side dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, more for drizzling
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
- 1/4 cup packed fresh basil leaves, plus 2–3 small basil leaves for garnish, optional
- 15-ounce can white beans, cannellini, or navy beans, drained and rinsed
- Filtered water as necessary
- Fresh vegetables, pita bread, or tortilla chips for serving
- And the olive oil, lemon juice, salt, and basil to a high speed blender or food processor. Blend for 20-30 seconds or until smooth.
- Add the beans and blend for another 30 seconds. Check for consistency. Add additional olive oil, seasoning and/or water, in small amounts at a time, and blend for 10-15 more seconds or until you reach a smooth and creamy consistency.
- Transfer to a bowl, drizzle with a little olive oil, and garnish with 2-3 small basil leaves.
- Serve with fresh vegetables, pita bread, or tortilla chips.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!