YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 3 MINS
I have been making a version of this smoothie for years. I keep frozen greens and a couple of different frozen fruits in the freezer. Nothing complicated, just lots of antioxidants and enzymes packed into one yummy smoothie.
• 2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
• 1 cup frozen mango chunks
• 1 frozen or fresh and ripe, medium avocado, chopped
• 1 inch of ginger, peeled, chopped or 2 teaspoons powdered
• 2 cups frozen or fresh organic spinach or kale
• 1 cup unsweetened almond, oat or other favorite milk, plus more as necessary
• 1 tbsp hemp or chia or ground flaxseed, optional
1. In a large high-powered blender, add in all ingredients and blend on high for 1-2 minutes or until all ingredients are well combined.
2. If necessary, add more milk to thin the smoothie and blend again.
Did you know that in South America, people use avocado in their smoothies daily? It provides healthy fats, potassium, fiber and plenty of B vitamins and you won’t notice anything other than the creaminess it provides.