YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 5 MINS plus 30 Minutes to Marinade
COOK TIME | 20 MINS
This steak is juicy, smoky with just the right amount of heat. Plus, it couldn’t be easier to make. It a definite go to because it is simply delicious and can be prepared in no time.
• 1 1⁄2 pounds sirloin, top chuck, or flat iron cuts
• 3 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
• 1 teaspoon crushed fennel seeds
• 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
• 1 teaspoon sea salt
1. Combine 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of olive oil with the spices and sea salt. Rub mixture over both sides of the steaks. Marinate 20 to 30 minutes.
2.Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Cook steaks on each side for 10 minutes or until instant-read thermometer indicates 135-140 degrees for medium rare. Let the steaks sit 10 minutes to allow juices to redistribute before slicing and plating. Refrigerate leftovers.
Double the recipe and serve leftovers with Ratatouille. Remove steak from refrigerator 30 minutes before you plan to serve dinner. Heat leftover Ratatouille (see recipe under vegetables). Place steak on a platter and pour the warm Ratatouille over the steaks. Serve with brown rice and a simple green salad.