YIELDS | 2 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 20 MINS
This fish cooks fast and is mouth watering, fork tender and explodes with flavor. The mayonnaise keeps the fish moist and the crushed cashews give it a wonderful earthy and buttery flavor.
* 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
* 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
* 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
* 1 teaspoon kosher salt
* 2 cloves peeled garlic, minced
* 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more to taste
* 1 Tbsp olive oil, plus more for drizzleing
* 2-7oz cans medium green chili peppers, like Hatch
* 1 pound sea bass, skinned and cut in half
* ½ tsp kosher salt, or to taste
* 1/3 cup whole, raw cashews, ground
* 2 Tbsp parsley, chopped for garnish, optional
Preheat oven to 475°
1. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sherry vinegar, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, and cayenne pepper until combined.
2. Spread the olive oil on the bottom of a rimmed, baking dish large enough to hold the fish.
3. Spoon the peppers onto the baking dish and spread evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
4. Sprinkle both sides of the fish with kosher salt and place on top of the peppers.
5. Coarsely grate or grind the cashews in a food processor until It’s resembles bread crumbs.
6. Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the top and sides of the fish. Be sure there is a thicker layer on the topside of the fish.
7. Evenly sprinkle the ground cashews onto the fish and gently pat down.
8. Bake for 14–16 minutes or until the fish is flaky and browned in spots and reaches an internal temperature of 135 to 140°
9. Garnish with chopped parsley, optional, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately