- YIELDS | 2 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 20 MINS
This fish cooks fast and is mouth-watering, fork tender, and explodes with flavor. The mayonnaise keeps the fish moist and the crushed cashews give it a wonderful earthy and buttery flavor.
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 cloves peeled garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, more to taste
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 7-ounce cans medium green chile peppers, like Hatch
- 1 pound sea bass, skinned and cut in half
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt, or to taste
- 1/3 cup whole, raw cashews, ground
- 2 tablespoons parsley, chopped for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sherry vinegar, smoked paprika, 1 teaspoon salt, garlic, and cayenne pepper until combined.
- Spread the olive oil on the bottom of a rimmed, baking dish large enough to hold the fish.
- Spoon the peppers onto the baking dish and spread evenly over the bottom of the baking dish.
- Sprinkle both sides of the fish with kosher salt and place on top of the peppers.
- Coarsely grate or grind the cashews in a food processor until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Spread the mayonnaise mixture over the top and sides of the fish. Be sure there is a thicker layer on the topside of the fish.
- Evenly sprinkle the ground cashews onto the fish and gently pat down.
- Bake for 14–16 minutes or until the fish is flaky and browned in spots and reaches an internal temperature of 135-140°F.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, optional, and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve immediately.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!