YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 15 MINS
COOK TIME | 30 MINS
* 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
* 1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
* 1/4 teaspoon allspice
* 1/2 tsp smoked paprika
* 1/4 cup olive oil
* 1/2 tsp Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
* 1 small-medium head green cabbage, core removed and cut into four wedges
* 1/3 cup roasted pistachios, roughly chopped
* 2 tablespoons butter
Preheat oven to 400°
1. Toast the cumin and coriander seeds in a small, dry pan over medium heat. Let cool. Set the pan aside to use again.
2. Grind the all the spices, except for the paprika, and salt with the mortar and pestle.
3. Mix the spice and salt mixture with the olive.
4. Drizzle the oil over the cabbage. Using your fingers, rub the spiced oil into the nooks and crannies of the cabbage.
5. Heat a pan large enough to hold the wedges over medium high heat, and sear the wedges for 3-4 minutes on each side until browned.
6. Pop the wedges onto a rimmed baking sheet lined with parchment and bake for about 20 minutes or until the cabbage is tender.
7. While the cabbage bakes, using the same pan used to toast the spices, melt the butter, add the pistachios and smoked paprika. Mix and cook for about 1 minute until fragrant. Remove from the heat.
8. Place the cabbage wedges onto a serving platter, drizzle the melted butter and pistachio mixture over the cabbage. Sprinkle with additional kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.