YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 10 MINS
COOK TIME | 15 MINS
Avocado and salmon are a near perfect pair. Add fresh tomato and lime for an easy to make, beautiful dish that tastes even better than it looks.
• 4-6 oz pieces of salmon
• 1/2 Tsp cumin
• 1/2 Tsp smoked paprika
• 1/2 Tsp onion powder
• Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
• 1 avocado, peeled and diced
• 1/2 small red onion, diced
• 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
• 1/2 Tsp red pepper flake juice of 1 lime
• 2 Tbsps olive oil
• 2 Tbsps fresh cilantro, chopped, optional
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
3. Place the salmon on a lightly greased baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
4. Combine spices in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture over both sides of the salmon.
5. Bake for 13-14 minutes for medium rare and 15-17 minutes for medium.
6. Remove from oven, place on serving platter and spoon salsa over the fish.
7. Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper to taste and serve.