- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 15 MINS
Avocado and salmon are a near perfect pair. Add fresh tomato and lime for an easy-to-make, beautiful dish that tastes even better than it looks.
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 medium tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- juice of 1 lime
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped, optional
- 4 6-ounces pieces of salmon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- Kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Combine all the salsa ingredients in a bowl. Cover and refrigerate.
- Place the salmon on a lightly greased baking pan and sprinkle with salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine spices in a small bowl. Rub the spice mixture over both sides of the salmon.
- Bake for 13-14 minutes for medium-rare and 15-17 minutes for medium.
- Remove from oven, place on serving platter, and spoon salsa over the fish.
- Sprinkle with additional salt and pepper to taste and serve.