YIELDS | 8 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 30 MINS
COOK TIME | X MINS
I love this savory, nutrient rich, umami soup either warm or cold. For best results make sure the soup is made in a high-powered blender. Make an extra batch and freeze to use during flu and cold season
• 1/3 cup olive oil
• 2 cups chopped white onion
• 1 cup chopped celery
• 2 Tbsps minced fresh ginger
• 2 Tbsps prepared horseradish
• 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
• 1/2 lbs each mustard greens, collard greens, kale, stemmed and coarsely chopped
• 32 ounce carton vegetable stock
• 6 ounce package baby spinach
• Salt and pepper
• Lemon wedges
1. In a large pot, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and celery. Cook until soft and translucent, about eight minutes.
2. Add ginger, horseradish and garlic. Cook one minute.
3. Gradually add mustard greens, collard greens and kale. Cook until very soft and wilted about five minutes.
4. Add stock. Increase heat to medium-high and bring mixture just to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, until everything is soft about 20 minutes.
5. Stir spinach into soup until wilted and then, working in batches, purée soup in a high-powered blender until very smooth.
6. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Ladle into individual bowls, serve with lemon wedges to squeeze over the soup and enjoy.