- YIELDS | 4-6 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 35-40 MINS
This is one of those recipes I go to when I want a warm and filling meal. It has something for everyone—pasta, chicken, and lots of flavor! I like to serve this dish with a crisp, green salad and crusty bread.
- 6 chicken legs with thighs, skin-on and bone-in
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon smoked paprika, divided
- Kosher salt and fresh black pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup white wine or broth, for deglazing
- 1 tablespoon anchovy paste
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato
- 12 ounce box thin spaghetti, broken into pieces
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1 bunch kale, roughly cut, about 4 cups
- 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup Castelvetrano olives or other green olives, coarsely chopped
- Preheat oven to 425°F.
- Liberally sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper, and 1 tablespoon of smoked paprika.
- Heat 3 tablespoons of olive oil into a large skillet over medium.
- Arrange the chicken legs, skin side down and cook for about 10 minutes or until the skin is golden brown. Move the chicken on to a plate and set aside.
- Deglaze the skillet with a little white wine or broth, scraping up any of the brown bits. Add anchovy and tomato paste to the skillet and incorporate into the fat. Pour the mixture into a small bowl and set aside.
- With the heat on medium, add another tablespoon of olive oil to the skillet and pour in the broken spaghetti. Toast for 2-3 minutes, stirring often, or until golden brown. Be careful not to burn the pasta.
- When the pasta is golden brown, add 2 cups of the broth and the kale to the skillet and stir. Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes, until the kale has wilted.
- Add the last 2 cups of broth, squeeze the lemon juice over the mixture, and add the olives and the last teaspoon of smoked paprika to the skillet. Pour the reserved chicken fat mixture over the noodles and kale and mix to incorporate.
- Nestle the chicken legs back into the pan, skin side up. Cover and bake it in a preheated oven for 20-25 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Let rest for about 5 minutes. Taste for additional seasoning.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!