- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
This cocktail is incredibly yummy, tangy, sweet but not too sweet, with a touch of heat. It’s like a tequila sunrise, but not. This recipe serves 4 with a little extra, so bring some friends along!
- 2 cups tequila
- 1 cup Basil-Jalapeño Simple Syrup
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup grenadine
- Club soda
- Orange slices and sugar, mixed with orange zest, to rim the glasses, optional
- Pour 2 cups of orange juice into a small pan and simmer over medium-low heat until it reduces by half, then let cool.
- Mix cooled orange juice, tequila, simple syrup, and grenadine together in a pitcher. Add a few cups of ice and club soda, to taste.
- Rim glasses with sugar and orange zest. Pour cocktail into glasses and garnish with slices of orange. Enjoy!
Make the orange juice reduction and basil jalapeño simple syrup ahead of time.