YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 20 MINS
COOK TIME | 15 MINS
This is an incredible meal, it makes everybody happy and the sauce is a perfect for bread dipping and it’s fairly inexpensive. Can’t think of a better dish to serve at a dinner party or for my hungry family after a baseball game. It’s that easy!￼
• 4 lbs mussels
• 2 cups dry white wine￼
• 4 large shallots, finely chopped
• 3 garlic gloves, finely chopped
• 2 tablespoons butter￼
• 2 tablespoons olive oil￼
• 1 cup, heavy whipping cream
• Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
• 1/2 cup parsley, chopped￼
• I loaf crusty French bread.￼
1. In a large colander, scrub and pull any beards from the mussels and let drain
2. In a Dutch oven or pot￼￼ Large enough to hold the mussels and be able to stir the ingredients, over medium heat, melt the butter and as the olive oil￼.
3. Add the shallot and garlic, cook and stir until fragrant. About 2-3 minutes. Add the wine and bring to a boil and then immediately reduce to a simmer. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
4. Add the mussels and stir to incorporate the butter, oil, shallots and garlic. Cover and cook for 5-7 minutes.￼ Take off the heat, stir and cover for an additional five minutes. This will allow additional mussels to open.￼ Discard any mussels that do not open.
5. Pour the mussels onto a large platter or bowl and sprinkle with chopped parsley￼. Serve with crusty bread.￼