- YIELDS | 6 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- CHILL TIME | 60 MINS
I love a good summer dessert, especially one as easy as this “kind of homemade” parfait. Fresh berries and cream are made all the better with the addition of store bought meringues. The combination creates an easy, beautiful, and festive dessert perfect for the next summer potluck or 4th of July celebration.
- 2 pounds strawberries, rinsed, trimmed, and sliced, set aside a few for decoration
- Pint blueberries, rinsed
- 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 6 ounces vanilla meringues, about 3.5-4 cups, set aside 2-3 for decoration
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place sliced strawberries into a medium sized bowl. Add 2 tablespoons of sugar and the lemon zest. Mix and set aside.
- Break up meringues using the palm of your hand and set aside.
- Add cold whipping cream to a large bowl. Add the vanilla and the rest of the sugar to the cream, and beat with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- Into a large serving bowl or individual dishes, add a layer of the meringues, a layer of strawberries and blueberries, a layer of whipped cream and repeat. Be sure to save enough whipped cream and berries to use as the top layer. Top with a few whole strawberries and a few meringues, for decoration, optional.