- YIELDS | 1 1/2 CUPS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 25 MINS
This board butter, aka spoon butter, is easy to make. You only need two ingredients and a little time to make this creamy, great smelling board butter to treat your wooden spoons, boards, and bowls.
- 2 ounces natural beeswax, pellets or bars
- 1 cup cold-pressed neutral oil such as sunflower, coconut, or flaxseed oil
- 2-quart saucepan
- 1 pint canning jar such as a Mason jar or 3-1/2 cup canning jars
- Slender wooden spoon
- Place the beeswax in the Mason jar and pour in the oil.
- Fill a 2-quart sauce pan about 1/3-1/2 way with water and place on the stove over medium heat.
- Lower the jar into the water.
- Bring to a simmer and then turn the heat to low.
- Stir occasionally with a slender wooden spoon until the beeswax is completely melted, about 20 minutes.
- Once the wax and oil are completely melted, remove the jar from the water bath and set the jar on a cloth to cool. Do not set the hot jar directly onto the counter.
- Allow the jar to sit for a few minutes.
- If keeping the board butter in this jar, allow it to cool and solidify. If using 3 smaller containers, use an oven mitt to hold the jar and pour equal amounts into each jar. Allow the board butter to cool and solidify.
- Cover and store in a dark, cool place.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!