Easy to make board butter, a.k.a. spoon butter. You only need two ingredients and a little time to make this creamy, great smelling board butter to treat your wooden spoons, boards and bowls.
This recipe makes 11/2 cups
* 2 ounces natural beeswax, pellets or bars.
* 1 cup cold-pressed neutral oil such as sunflower, coconut or flaxseed oil
* 2-quart saucepan
* 1 Pint canning jar such as a Ball jar or 3 -1/2 cup canning jars
* Slender wooden spoon
1. Place the beeswax in the Mason jar and pour in the oil.
2. Fill a 2 quart sauce pan about 1/3-1/2 way with water and place on the stove over medium heat.
3. Lower the jar into the water.
4. Bring to a simmer and then turn the heat to low.
5. Stir occasionally with a slender wooden spoon until the beeswax is completely melted. About 20 minutes.
6. Once the wax and oil are completely melted, remove the jar from the water bath and set the jar on a cloth to cool. Do not set the hot jar directly onto the counter.
7. Allow the jar to sit for a few minutes. If keeping the board butter in this jar allowed to cool and solidify.
8. If using three smaller containers, use an oven mitt to hold the jar and pour equal amounts into each jar. Allow the board butter to cool and solidify
9. Cover and store in a dark, cool place.