- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 15 MINS
This riff on the Italian classic is bright, velvety, and spoon-licking delicious. I like to toss it with bite-size pasta like Orecchiette pasta so the sauce fills in all the nooks and crannies.
Double Duty Recipe: Make an extra batch of the pesto and spoon over roasted veggies, chicken, or fish for a completely different meal later in the week.
- 10-12 ounces green beans, washed and trimmed
- 1 cup basil, packed
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup almonds or pine nuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup Pecorino Romano or Parmesan and more for serving
- 1-2 gloves garlic, minced
- Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Add green beans to pot of salted, boiling water.
- While you wait for the water to boil, put the olive oil, garlic, and pine nuts into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add basil and cheese and blend again for 30 seconds.
- When the water is boiling, add the beans and cook for 3 minutes. Strain and immediately add the beans to the olive oil-cheese-basil mixture in the blender and blend until very smooth.
- Toss with your favorite bite-size pasta and shower with Pecorino Romano, Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.