YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 5 MINS
COOK TIME | 15 MINS
This riff on the Italian classic is bright, velvety and spoon-licking delicious￼. I like to toss it with bite size pasta like Orcchiette pasta so the sauce fills in all the nooks and crannies.
* 10-12 ounces green beans, washed and trimmed￼
* 1 cup basil, packed￼
* 1 cup olive oil￼
* 1/2 cup almonds or pine nuts￼, coarsely chopped
* 1/2 cup pecorino Romano or Parmesan￼ and more for serving
* 1-2 gloves garlic, minced
* Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste￼
1. Add green beans to pot of salted￼ boiling water.
2. While you wait for the water to boil, put the olive oil, garlic and pinenuts into a high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Add basil and cheese and blend again for 30 seconds.
3. When the water is boiling, and the beans and cook for three minutes.￼ Strain and immediately add the beans to the olive oil cheese basil mixture in the blender and blend until very smooth￼.
4. Toss with your favorite bite-size pasta and shower with pecorino Romano￼, kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Double Duty Recipe: make an extra batch of the pesto and spoon over roasted veggies, chicken or fish for a completely different meal later in the week.