- YIELDS | 1 CUP
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 5 MINS PLUS COOLING
This is an all-purpose breadcrumb recipe which can be adjusted for vegan or gluten free diets. Use it to add crunch and flavor to the top of casseroles and pasta dishes.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup bread crumbs or gluten free panko
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a large pan heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat, add the minced garlic and sauté for 1 minute.
- Remove the pan from the heat and toss in the panko or bread crumbs, and a pinch of salt.
- Toss the crumbs with the oil and garlic.
- Remove the pan from the heat and let cool until ready to use.
Use the garlic breadcrumbs right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.