- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 10 MINS
- COOK TIME | 10 MINS
One sip of this refreshing elixir and you’ll feel like you just stepped into a fresh, breezy spa. I make this light cocktail often during the warm summer months when fresh cucumbers are abundant. This delicious concoction is equally as yummy with or without the spirits. Bonus: You can make the fennel simple syrup days in advance and store it in the refrigerator.
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup filtered water
- 2 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 5 mini seedless cucumbers, chopped, plus 1 cucumber thinly sliced for garnish
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus 4 slices lemon for garnish
- 1 cup gin
- Club soda
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, bring the water, sugar, fennel seeds, and lemon juice to a simmer and stir until the sugar dissolves.
- Turn the stove off and let the mixture steep for 10-15 minutes. Strain into a high-speed blender. Discard fennel seeds.
- Add the chopped cucumbers to the blender and purée for 10-15 seconds, or until the mixture is well combined. Strain into a measuring cup.
- Fill 4 rocks glasses with ice.
- Divide the cooled fennel cucumber syrup among 4 glasses and add 2 ounces of gin to each, if using, and top with club soda. Garnish with a sprig of mint and slices of cucumber and lemon.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!