- YIELDS | 16 2-INCH SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
These coconut bars are all over the internet because they are Keto and Paleo. I added these little morsels of delight because they are delicious. You only need one or two to be satisfied. They are big on flavor and so simple to make. A big win-win.
- 3 cups shredded unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup coconut oil, melted
- 1/4 cup maple syrup, or agave nectar, or other liquid sweetener
- Line an 8×8-inch pan or 8×10-inch pan with parchment and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the shredded unsweetened coconut, then the melted coconut oil and sweetener of choice. Mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the parchment lined pan.
- Lightly wet your hands and press firmly into place. Refrigerate or freeze until firm and then cut into small squares or bars.
If the mixture is too dry, add extra sweetener a little at a time, until the mixture somewhat holds together.
These bars can be kept covered at at room temperature for up to 7 days, refrigerated for 3-4 weeks, and wrapped and frozen for several months.