YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
PREP TIME | 15 MINS
COOK TIME | 30 MINS
This is the quintessential summer salad. The sweet balsamic vinegar reduction mixed with the rich Burrata and creates a heavenly sauce that pairs perfectly with the sweet, tart cherries and the vibrant cherry tomatoes. I like to use Bing cherries but rainier cherries work, too.
• 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
• 8 ounces Burrata cheese
• 1 pound fresh, sweet cherries, pitted about 3 cups
• 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
• 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
• 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil kosher salt and freshly ground pepper￼
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the balsamic vinegar to a simmer￼.
2. Simmer uncovered for 12-15 minutes or until the vinegar is thick and reduced to about 1/4 cup.
3. Rinse the Burrata and pat dry.
4. Break up and spread the cheese over one side of a medium sized-platter.
5. Arrange the cherries and tomatoes to the left and around the cheese.
6. Drizzle with￼ the reduction and olive oil.
7. Sprinkle with kosher sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.￼
This makes a beautiful presentation for brunch.