- YIELDS | 4 SERVINGS
- PREP TIME | 15 MINS
- COOK TIME | 30 MINS
This is the quintessential summer salad. The sweet balsamic vinegar reduction mixed with the rich Burrata creates a heavenly sauce that pairs perfectly with the sweet, tart cherries and the vibrant cherry tomatoes. I like to use Bing cherries but Rainier cherries work, too. This makes a beautiful presentation for brunch.
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 8 ounces Burrata cheese
- 1 pound fresh, sweet cherries, pitted, about 3 cups
- 1 1/2 cups cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/3 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring the balsamic vinegar to a simmer.
- Simmer uncovered for 12-15 minutes, or until the vinegar is thick and reduced to about 1/4 cup.
- Rinse the Burrata and pat dry.
- Break up and spread the cheese over one side of a medium sized-platter.
- Arrange the cherries and tomatoes to the left and around the cheese.
- Drizzle with the balsamic reduction and olive oil.
- Sprinkle with Kosher sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!