- YIELDS | 1 SERVING
- PREP TIME | 5 MINS
- COOK TIME | 0 MINS
Classic, fresh and versatile. I often make this dressing for holiday parties and brunch because it is so easy and elegant all at the same time. It tastes amazing on fresh greens for a classic French salad, or drizzled over steamed vegetables or crispy potatoes. Make extra and rotate with your other favorite vinaigrettes.
- 1/2 cup good olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 3 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar, optional
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium jar with a tight fitting lid, add the mustard, garlic, champagne vinegar, sugar, if using, salt and pepper. Put the lid on and shake to combine.
- Remove the lid and slowly whisk in the olive oil until smooth.
- Add additional Kosher salt and pepper to taste, in necessary.
If not using immediately or if you have leftovers, refrigerate the dressing.
To make a salad with this dressing, combine with 4-6 cups of Little Gem lettuce or other favorite salad greens, toss, and serve.
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!